It’s never too late to get the smile of your dreams!
If you’re an adult who has never had orthodontic treatment, or even an adult who had treatment as a kid and now your smile has shifted, you may think your time to get that perfect smile is gone.
Think again! Today, nearly one in three orthodontic patients is an adult.
Adults come to our office every day seeking to improve their smiles for a variety of reasons. We treat patients who:
- Are tired of their bad bite and the issues it has caused over time
- Don’t like the look of their crowded or misaligned teeth
- Want to improve their oral health because their orthodontic issue has led to tooth decay or gum disease
- Want to show off a more confident smile
We know that many adults may not love the idea of metal braces to draw attention to an issue they’re trying to correct. Don’t worry – we have discreet options available to help you get the smile you’ve always wanted without making your issue stand out. We offer:
- Ceramic braces
- Mini stainless braces
- Clear aligners (Spark & Invisalign)
While healthy teeth can be moved at any age, there are some differences between treatment as an adult versus as a child. Adults no longer have the benefit of jaw growth, which can sometimes limit the ability to correct severe skeletal issues without the need for surgery. Other differences include:
- Adults are more likely to suffer from some level of periodontal disease, which can lead to gum recession and bone loss. Periodontal disease should be treated and under control prior to beginning orthodontic treatment in order to ensure ideal results can be achieved. Orthodontic treatment provides straighter teeth which will be easier to clean properly, lessening the risk for future gum disease.
- Adults have a lifetime of using their teeth, so they are more likely to have worn or even missing teeth, which can alter the alignment of their smiles.
- Some adults may have had incomplete orthodontic treatment as a teen that requires correction.
At Rochester Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, we recognize that every patient is an individual, and the way we approach their treatment will take their specific needs into account. Our orthodontic experts provide personalized care for every patient.
Is orthodontic treatment right for you?
Orthodontic treatment can not only improve the look of your smile, it can
improve its function and health, too!
- Straighter teeth are healthier teeth. Misaligned, crooked, or crowded teeth are easier to clean properly, making them less likely to have decay or gum disease.
- A beautiful smile makes you more confident. Your smile says a lot about you, so if you’ve been hiding one that you aren’t proud of, now is the time to gain back your confidence and proudly show off a straighter smile.
- Untreated orthodontic issues can worsen over time, creating a host of dental issues. A bad bite can lead to teeth that chip, crack, or break, leading to more extensive and costly dental treatment. Yes, undergoing orthodontic treatment can be a financial commitment. However, we believe investing in your smile early on will lead to a better quality of life and save you money in the long run.
There’s no time like the present to learn more about the power of orthodontic treatment. Schedule your complimentary consultation today!